Last weekend Bryan went camping with his friends on their annual Boys Weekend. They call it a "guys weekend" but I happen to know that most their time is spent burping, chopping things, and telling dumb jokes so I call it a boys weekend. My mom was also out of town which left me 'gasp' alone for three days with the kids. Any mom of young kids will understand that the week is pretty much spent looking forward to Friday night so you can finally get a break and some adult conversation. I decided the best defense was a strong offense so I pretty much packed the weekend with super fun activities to pass the time. Friday night, Mcdonald's playland and watering flowers at my mom's house. Saturday, cleaning the church (I said super fun, didn't I?) followed by Krispy Kreme. That night we went to the park with the other abandoned wives where we ate pizza and let the kids play. We marveled that we knew each other before we all got married and now somehow we have 8 kids between the 3 of us. This boggles the imagination.
So, now to the real reason I started this post. There was only one swing and both M & A wanted to swing. So here's my solution:

They swang (swung?) happily for quite some time. I was proud of myself for doing something that made them both happy and provided me with a good laugh at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment